It can be painful for people with dental sensitivity to indulge in such things as eating ice cream or drinking a hot beverage. Dental sensitivity is a problem for many people in the world. If you are one of them you should know there are many causes for it. Things like gum disease, worn fillings, worn enamel, fractured teeth, tooth decay, exposed roots, and gum disease are all factors that can cause sensitivity in your teeth. This is why it’s important to have sensitive teeth checked out and possibly treated via one of the following treatments:
– Desensitizing toothpaste: This special toothpaste contains compounds in the paste that will keep sensations away from your tooth after being applied a few times.
– Fluoride gel: This is a beneficial treatment that can strengthen your tooth enamel by building up its minerals. Strong enamel helps block the pathway to your tooth’s nerve.
– Dental work: Treatments such as dental crowns, dental veneers, and dental bondings all help reduce sensitivity. These treatments also correct cosmetic flaws in the tooth as well as eliminate tooth decay.
– Surgical gum graft: This treatment will put your pulled down gums back into their proper place in order protect the root and reduce your tooth sensitivity.
– Root canal therapy: A root canal is a sure way to be rid of dental sensitivity.
Please call Regal Dentistry in Riverside, California, today to set up an appointment with our dentists.